At the beginning of lent this year I had a pretty lofty goal. I planned on getting rid of 40 bags of items, in 40 days. 40 bags is a lot of stuff. I am still aspiring to get rid of 40 bags of items, but I unfortunately only made it to 26 bags prior to Easter 2017. I know that there are several days left until Easter but I am left with the feeling that I must spend this time with my family and friends making memories, and reflecting on the true meaning of Easter rather than the need to fill 14 more garbage bags of stuff.
Awww, it seems like just yesterday #1 and I did this for the first time..
- Cool Whip / Shaving Cream Easter Eggs
1. Hard Boil Eggs
2. Place Cool whip/ Shaving Cream in small bowls, or containers.
3. Mix in desired amount of food coloring to achieve the desired color.
4. Roll Egg around in the whip/cream until the entire egg is covered.
5. Wipe off excess cool whip/ shaving cream.
6. Enjoy Easter Eggs.
2. Make Resurrection Rolls
So easy and delicious with a fantastic message.
3. Do Holy Week in Hand prints with your toddler.
I am just wrapping up this project with my Sunday School class and they are getting the message, having fun, and going home with a great keepsake. 🙂
4. Have a glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt.
My kids are a little young for this idea, but I still love it.
Glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt by a Girl and her Glue Gun.
5. Make Easter Egg Art.
Seriously adorable and SOO EASY, perfect use for the tiny pieces of chalk left over from last summer. 🙂
Check out one of the other great Easter & Lent ideas on my Pinterest board.